I’m determined to write this How To in 30 minutes, keeping this post short and to the point. I think I make a resolution every year to write more, I was reading an article about how the quality of writing has been decreasing in the U.S. every year. Is it true? No idea, but like everything we wish to do better practice is required right? Writing consistently is something I have wanted to do for a long time you have probably even read captions where I have declared THIS will be the YEAR! Haha and then life happens and another year has passed with few and far between writings. Okay but let’s get to the point of this post.
2020 is the year I want to actively set goals to live more intentionally, I am an enneagram 8 so I’ve set up little monthly challenges for myself, because that’s typical 8 behavior. January will be focused on making changes within our home and everyday lifestyle to live more sustainably and environmentally friendly. I have created a mindfulness wreath to help me in reaching my goals every month. Every other day I will remove a challenge and do it.
Here is a list of January’s mindfulness challenges:
- Pick 10 articles of clothing to wear for the month.
- Take the boys on a picnic.
- Buy this week’s produce from the farmers market.
- Organize cloth napkins.
- Eat the rainbow.
- Get rid of plastic trash bags for good.
- Take the boys on a bike ride.
- Research ways to reduce water usage and do them.
- Buy bar soap for hand soap.
- Find nearest bulk/refill shop.
- Research recycling etiquette.
- Research seasonal veggies.
- Go completely paperless with all mail.
- Unplug for a whole day.
- Buy more beeswax wrap.
How To: Mindfulness Wreath
- Type or write out mindfulness goals, to get the appearance of torn edges, gently tear around text.
- Use Paddle Wire to attach blooms/greenery to wreath hoop, remove stems, greenery that is out of place.
- Punch holes on the top, weave twine/string and knot, tie to wreath hoop at different lengths.
- Tie a string to the top of wreath hoop and knot around a nail or tack.
That’s it! Be sure to use #mindfulnesswreath on IG so I can see your wreaths and share them! I will also be posting updates on how it’s going so make sure to follow along @thehahnestlife.